Head Start Parent Committee
Head Start is open!
We currently have ten students enrolled and are recruiting for additional students.
The Next Parent Committee meeting is scheduled for March 6, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. Please, Parents, attend! We will be going over the Parent Handbook and the tentative schedule for the rest of the year! Thank you!
Just some enrollment information on Navajo Head Start, as provided by their program on their website.
Navajo Head Start Eligibility
Children are eligible to participate in Head Start or Early Head Start with age and income eligibility.
- Age eligibility is determined by verifying age utilizing the child’s birth certificate. Head Start child must turn three (3) years old by September 1, 2012.
Early Head Start Age
- Pregnant Women Program: Provides services to expectant mothers.
- Infant and Toddler Program: Provides services from children zero to three years of age.
Head Start Age
- Child must be 36 months (3 years old) to Mandatory School Age Cut Off Date
- Income eligibility is determined by verifying the family’s income using pay stubs, income tax form 1040, W-2 forms, and written statements from employers or documentation showing current status as recipients of public assistance. Navajo Head Start must serve all income eligible children before enrolling high income families.